Deepwell Cargo pumps (Gas) handle all types of liquid gases.
DW Cargo Pump (Gas)
Get access to our extensive experience in the marine industries and expert advice to help you choose the right LPG pump, ammonia pump, ethane pump, ethylene pump or LNG pump to meet your demands and challenges. Our dedicated project teams deliver solutions for vessels from the smallest fully pressurised push barges and dedicated CO2 carriers to the largest fully refrigerated VLGCs.
Our range spans:
- Fully pressurised tankers, cargo at ambient temperature, tank pressure up to 18 bar;
- Fully refrigerated atmospheric tankers, cargo cooled to saturation temperature (typically -48°C);
- Semi-refrigerated tankers, cargo liquefied by cooling/pressure process down to -104°C;
- We are the leader in long-shafted pumps for LNG at -163°C.
Customized solutions for all gas cargo types
At SVANEHØJ we take pride in being flexible and adapting solutions to specifically suit any challenges that a shipowner or a shipyard may encounter. Our dedicated project team tailors gas pump solutions for all vessel types, from the smallest fully pressurised push barges and dedicated CO2 carriers to the largest fully refrigerated VLGCs. Our pumps can handle any type of gas cargo at all temperatures and gravities without component changes, including LPG, ammonia, ethane, ethylene and LNG.
We offer tailored gas pump solutions for:
- Fully pressurised tankers, cargo at ambient temperature, tank pressure up to 18 bar.
- Semi-refrigerated tankers, cargo liquified by cooling/pressure process down to -104°C.
- Fully refrigerated atmospheric tankers, cargo cooled to saturation temperature (typically -104°C).
- Fully refrigerated LNG carriers and LNG Bunker Barges at (temp).
Unique leakage protection system
SVANEHØJ’s unique automatic pressurised shaft sealing system is designed for maximum sealing security and protection against leakages. The system features a double mechanical seal and a pressure booster where the sealing oil is put under pressure both by the cargo tank and the spring, thus avoiding any adjustments by the crew. This ensures that the sealing chamber pressure is always higher than the cargo tank pressure for maximum protection against cargo leakages.
Well-proven gas pump technology
SVANEHØJ is a market-leading manufacturer of specialised deepwell and in-line pumps for the marine industry. Through nearly 100 years of experience in the industry we have developed an unparalleled design and technology that ensures our customers the best, safest and most reliable pump solutions on the market.
We specialise in customised deepwell pumps used for off-loading liquid gas on gas carriers and barges up to 100.000 m³. Our pump solutions handle all types of gas cargo at all temperatures and gravities without any component changes, offering efficiency optimization and potentially huge cost savings.
More than 1100 gas carriers worldwide are already equipped with deepwell and booster pumps from Svanehøj, with more than 7000 pumps.
DW Cargo (Gas) Pump updates
Don’t miss out on exiting news from our world of DW Cargo (Gas) pumps. Read the latest news here.
Following a successful delivery of deepwell pump systems for six Very Large Ethane Carriers (VLEC), Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) and Hyundai Heavy…