Svanehøj is committed to carrying out its business in a sustainable way. In order to promote the long-term interests of Svanehøj and its stakeholders, the company strives to maintain the highest legal and ethical standards in all its business practices. Each employee is expected to act responsibly and with integrity and honesty, and to comply with Svanehøj's Code of Conduct and any underlying policies and instructions.
Compliance with laws
All activities shall be carried out in compliance with applicable laws, and under the principles of good corporate citizenship in each country where such activities take place.
Employees are expected to comply with the requirements of those laws and regulations.
Respect for human and labour rights
Svanehøj supports and respects the protection of human rights as defined in the United Nation’s Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
- No employee is allowed to take any action that violates these human rights principles, either directly or indirectly.
- Svanehøj supports basic labour rights as defined by the International Labour Organization.
- Svanehøj does not accept any form of forced or compulsory labour or the use of child labour.
- Svanehøj upholds the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Svanehøj endeavours to offer its employees alternative means to present their views in the case that these rights are restricted by local law.
Fair employment practices
Svanehøj condemns discrimination based on race, ethnic or national origin, colour, gender, family status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age or political beliefs, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Svanehøj fosters equal opportunity. Employees are selected and treated on the basis of their abilities and merits.
- Svanehøj does not accept any form of discrimination, harassment or bullying from its employees.
Occupational health and safety
Svanehøj strives to create hazard-free workplaces for its employees, contractors, and others working in various locations. This will be met by applying high standards of occupational health and safety.
- Svanehøj will assure the safety of its products and solutions through its product development processes.
- Each employee is responsible for complying with the safety instructions, for using personal protection equipment when required, and for reporting on any shortcomings regarding safety instructions or protection measures.
Svanehøj’s target is to develop and manufacture products and solutions that fulfil applicable environmental requirements and good practices.
Efforts are made to achieve sustainable development in operations.
Each employee shall comply with the policies and instructions regarding environmental protection.
Svanehøj promotes openness and transparency. Svanehøj strives to be honest and accurate when communicating with its stakeholders.
- Svanehøj employees shall make their statements in accordance with this principle.
Conflicts of interest
Svanehøj expects full loyalty from its employees. Employees must avoid situations where personal interests may conflict with those of Svanehøj.
Svanehøj does not tolerate fraudulent behaviour or activities, such as embezzlement, fraud or theft. Violations will lead to immediate termination of employment and are subject to criminal sanctions.
Any Svanehøj employee becoming aware of a potential violation of this code must contact his or her superior or Svanehøj’s HR or Top Management. Svanehøj will investigate all reported matters with discretion.
Violation of the code may lead to a warning, termination of employment and payment of damages. Additionally, certain violations of a criminal nature can lead to criminal sanctions, such as fines or imprisonment.
Neither Svanehøj nor any of its employees may – directly or indirectly – promise, offer, pay, solicit, or accept bribes or kickbacks of any kind. This includes money, benefits, services or anything else of value. Such actions may be considered bribery.
Relationship with authorities and local communities
Svanehøj seeks constructive cooperation with authorities at both local and international levels. Svanehøj seeks to serve the local communities whenever possible.
Innovation and protection of proprietary information
Svanehøj’s intellectual property is one of its most valuable assets. Patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and other proprietary information must be protected.
Svanehøj employees must respect the intellectual property rights of others.
Accuracy of accounting records
Svanehøj accounting records must be accurate and reliable in all material respects.
- Unrecorded funds are prohibited.
- The records may not contain any false, misleading, or artificial entries.
Competition and fair dealing
Each employee shall comply with competition laws.
Participation in cartels, abuse of a dominant position in the market, and exchange of prices or other commercial information, are prohibited.
On business travels (e.g. service jobs), employees represent Svanehøj Group from the moment they leave their home address and until they return.
- When interacting with customers, employees are obligated to represent Svanehøj Group in the best possible way.
- Employees are expected to behave professionally around customers, yard workers, vendors and competitors.